Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 6th!

We had a wonderful Fourth here at nerd camp. For starters, we got to sleep in! Which that alone is cause for celebration! Also, we took a very peculiar trip to the local Tallahassee Goodwill. Why were we there, you ask. Well on Sunday, the annual cross-dressing Miss YSP contest will take place. And we had to venture to this place of cheap used clothing to transform our nerdy guys to beautiful women! Unfortunately, photos are not allowed so I cannot show you the hilarious sight that is twenty drag nerds, but I bet you can imagine it.

A Tom Brown July 4th
Afterward, the nerds piled in the vans and drove to Tom Brown Park. It was a picturesquely American Fourth of July! There were several food trucks and food tents selling lemonade, hot dogs, pizza, and of course, ice cream. Thousands of people sat on this hilly lawn listening to the sounds of local bands and children laughing. It was very very cute.

We had a pizza eating contest yesterday at Cici's Pizza. Why? Well it is tradition, of course. The record is 61, a feat accomplished by head counselor Drew back in his day! My roommate nearly won the title for the females but in a surprising turn of events an underdog ate an astonishing 31 pieces to claim the prize. How many did I eat? Like four, plus breadsticks! It was delicious and I didn't feel the need to puke afterward like some.

Classes are still very difficult. Friday just wasn't a good day to be a nerd. In comp sci we nearly broke the internet, but no worries. It fixed-ed itself. We downloaded a free version of Minecraft, which at first I was really excited because I thought he was talking about Minesweeper which I just recently learned how to play. But sadly Minecraft is not the same as Minesweeper. Guess I'll have to learn. In my Some Interesting Differential Equations class, I had an interesting time trying to understand/stake awake. I was just too tired to derive! You ought to pull over sometimes and rest! (Heehee, you see what I did there?). And I am not looking forward to the homework, which is always a challenge. To make nerd Friday even more taxing, we had a quiz in Biochemistry of the Gene which I definitely failed. And then after the quiz, my dang fruit flies started flying everywhere! They were not properly sedated, so numerous flies darted out of the tube and attacking me! It was terrifying. 

Nerd life is sometimes the hard life.
Stay classy, Planet Earth.
Nerdy Green



No comments:

Post a Comment