Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hello World!

And on the third day Nerdy Green said,

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
// my first program in C++

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
  cout << "Hello World!";
  return 0;
}
Hello World!



Apparently this is a program. And I done did programmed it.

Anyway, the classes are definitely challenging. My math class called, "Some Interesting Differential Equations," is very . . . interesting. And difficult . . . I understand everything Dr. Oberlin says in class but his homework is ridiculous.
For example:
(2)      A 500 gallon tank originally contains 100 gallons of fresh water. Beginning at time t = 0, water containing 50 percent pollution flows into the tank at the rate of 2 gallons per minute. The well-stirred mixture leaves at the rate of 1 gallon per minute. Find the concentration of the pollutants in the tank at the moment it begins to overflow. 
I don't know. I don't care. Just don't drink the dumb stinky water! No one else got it. But at least he will tell us the answer tomorrow and I am certain the whole class will go, "Ooooh!"

Biochem is . . . not for the faint of heart. First class he took our blood. Second class he made us play with flies. But the third class was not that bad we just did a very complicated series of steps in order to isolate our own white blood cells. Want to try? Click here. You won't be able to but you can pretend!

Apart from the nerdy days spent in class, I have lab. I finally got to meet my professor and he is very nice. Unfortunately, he told us we will be researching for the next two weeks before we actually do anything hands-on. So this girl is going to be an expert on wind engineering and hurricanes in the next couple of days.

End of nerd lyfe.


Beginning of fun time.

Saturday the counselors made us go to the freezing cold Wakulla Springs. And it was like 68 degrees. Maybe less. I got up to my knees then it was just too cold. So I walked to this here platform shown below, shouted YOLO, jumped, and screamed the entire way down.



I was so proud of myself. I did it three times. Oh, and even more spectacular . . . I got a tan! Overall, Wakulla Springs was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

The fun continued on Sunday! I got to try vegetable sushi! Then I went to see the incredible cute and oh-so-Scottish film Brave. I very much enjoyed it and is was so cute!



See it with your mom! So much better than the creepy-butt-scary-movie-not-made-by-Disney-Pixar called Prometheus that some of the nerds went to see.

Last thing, my throat hurts. And I felt terrible yesterday. But I have amazing friends who went to Walgreens at 10:30 last night to by me cough medicine. I definitely owe Jamila and Priyanka one . . . or ten! Thanks guys! I'm feeling better thanks to them!

Nerdy Green has homework to finish. Night y'all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment